Oxford Spires runs language school programmes offering courses for children, teenagers and adults. Students attending our summer schools receive 15-21 hours of English language tuition per week and a comprehensive programme of activities and excursions. The activity programme will include daytime and evening activities as well as half-day and full-day excursions to attractions and places of cultural interest.
We are recruiting a number of Activity Leaders to work alongside language teachers for the very busy summer period which starts in June and continues until the end of August.
Activity Leaders in Oxford will be non-residential, though we may be able to assist in finding accommodation.
Activity Leaders in Padworth, Berkshire will be residential
Duties will include:
- Help to organise and take part in a wide range of sporting and cultural activities on campus and accompany students on pre-arranged off site excursions
- Be enthusiastic and motivated in delivering the activity programme
- Ensure students attend the set activities and attendance records are accurate
- Maintain student behaviour, safety and welfare.
- Contribute to the planning of daily activities, themes and projects
- Ensure that children are kept safe by following the site’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, risk assessment and other health and safety issues
- Supervise children during breaks and lunch times
- With other staff, being responsible for keeping premises clean and tidy
- With other staff, being responsible for the safe keeping of play and sports equipment
You need to be:
- 18 or over and have experience working with children and/or teenagers
- A competent sportsperson with good knowledge of rules and organisation of sports and games
- Flexible in your approach to the working day
- Good at working as part of a team, but also able to use initiative
- Able to relate well to children and young adults and have the ability to motivate and enjoy working with large groups of children/teenagers
- using excellent communication skills and proficient in English language
- Outgoing and have an ability to work in high pressure environment
- Working with EFL students
- Flexible dates
- Includes weekends
- Off site excursions
- Accommodation available
This role is not suitable to be combined