The Area Manager for Active Clubs oversees the smooth running of our after school clubs in the Oxford area to ensure the highest standards are met at all times and promotes the quality, success and growth of our Active Club programme.
Duties will include:
- Visiting each club on a weekly basis to maintain a good flow of communication between clubs and head office and to offer staff support where they need it
- Overseeing staff rotas and ensuring all clubs are adequately staffed each day to meet the needs of all children
- Line managing Managers of after school clubs, including conducting regular reviews and staff appraisals
- Line managing the Head Office Bookings Team, conducting reviews and staff appraisals
- Taking new after school staff through the induction process
- Helping to organise and taking part in club team meetings
- Liaising with the HR Manager with recruitment of new staff and taking part in interviews and the selection process
- With the support of the HR team, organising and contributing to a programme of staff training for after school club staff
- Supporting club staff to establish and maintain good routines and procedures which ensure children are well supervised and kept safe at the club
- Monitoring the day to day administration and record keeping at clubs to meet all Ofsted requirements
- Monitoring the safe-keeping and maintenance of the club property and equipment
- Overseeing and monitoring the purchase of food for snack and consumable materials within an agreed budget
- Overseeing and contributing to the updating of risk assessments, policies and procedures
- Understanding Oxford Active’s safeguarding policy and ensure it is adhered to at all times.
- Supporting clubs with the organisation and delivery of a programme of play activities
- Co-ordinating and organising the provision of a range of materials and resources to help clubs provide a good range of stimulating and fun activities for all children
- Developing good working relationships with head teachers and school staff and liaising with schools concerning rental agreements and service contracts
- Supporting the promotion of the good name and services of Oxford Active in schools and the wider community
- Introducing Active Plus activities to term time clubs and overseeing their operation and management
Qualities and skills you will need
- Must have at least a year’s experience of working with 3 – 11 year old children in an educational, play or sports environment
- Must have a good working knowledge of Ofsted and the requirements of the Early Years Register
- Leadership skills, enthusiasm and a positive attitude essential
- An appropriate qualification (eg Diploma in Playwork, Childcare or Sports Leadership) at Level 3 is desirable. Other relevant qualifications may be acceptable.
- Must be a good communicator with children and adults alike
- Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team
- Must have driving licence and use of own car
- 37 hours per week for 42 weeks per year. (38 in school term time, plus 4 weeks of school holidays) There is some flexibility in how the hours are worked, but it will include working until 6pm on a regular basis.
- To work at Head Office to support the planning and preparation for all term time children’s activities
- Good development opportunity for someone looking to move up the management ladder
This role is not suitable to combine.