Oxford Active’s expanding programme of children’s activities currently includes five holiday camps in Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Warwickshire, Gloucestershire and Hertfordshire. The Area Manager for Active Camps oversees the smooth running of our holiday camps and promotes the quality, success and growth of our Active Camps programme.
Duties will include:
- Ensure the delivery of varied and high-quality activity programmes by working closely with Active Camp managers and giving them the guidance and support they need
- Support senior holiday camp staff in their roles by regular visits to camps, attending team meetings and organising training
- Plan and distribute a rota of all staff working with Active Camps or Active Plus for each school holiday period
- Conduct staff appraisals for all Active Camp Managers on a regular basis. Ensure they meet the requirements of their roles and are given the opportunities and encouragement for self-development.
- Observe activities taking place at camps in order to give constructive feedback to Camp Managers
- Organise and run a training programme for all Active Camp staff including the development of online training, as well as face to face training.
- Take a leading role in the recruitment process and interviews for all holiday camp roles.
- Develop positive relationships with parents and children at Active Camps to get feedback and to promote the success of the business
- Develop and put in place other ways of getting feedback and reviews from children and parents in order to improve the service we offer
- Manage any formal complaints from parents, gather and act on parent feedback.
- Be responsible for the compliance of all camps with Ofsted and HSE
- Take a lead role in safeguarding for all holiday camps
Planning and Preparation
- Hold review meetings each term with senior staff at schools where Active Camps are based to ensure a good working relationship, to ensure rental agreements and service contracts are maintained to the satisfaction of all parties and to promote Active Camps’ interests with all our partners
- Be responsible for the preparation of Active Camps before each school holiday – including having the equipment, staff, school agreements, essential paperwork, managers briefed etc all in place in good time
- Co-ordinate the set-up and pack-away of Active Camps at each location
Marketing and Business Development
- With the direction of the Marketing Manager, plan and execute a marketing strategy aimed to promote and maximise attendance at Active Camps
- Be responsible for and oversee the development of the Active Plus programme throughout camps
- Assist the Senior Management Team in searching for and securing sites for new holiday camps.
- Participate in reviews of other elements of the business such as after school clubs and language school
- Person Specification
Qualities and skills you will need
- At least 2 years’ experience of managing people, ideally in the education/childcare sector
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to inspire staff to achieve their goals
- An enthusiastic personality with a practical and optimistic outlook.
- A willingness to get involved in all elements of the organisation and work with a variety of people from different backgrounds.
- Driving licence and own transport is essential
- All staff must pass strict safeguarding checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure
- A passion for working with children of all ages.
- Good IT Skills and the ability to learn new packages quickly
- Relevant childcare or management qualifications
- A working knowledge of Ofsted and the requirements of the Early Years Register
- First Aid trained
- Recently trained in safeguarding
· Full time all year-round role, 37 hours per week
· Salary £21,500 – £23,500 per annum
· Free childcare in school holidays
· Friendly, flexible working environment
· Good development opportunity for someone looking to move up the management ladder
This role is not suitable to combine.