Oxford Active’s expanding programme of children’s activities currently includes six after school clubs in Oxfordshire and five holiday camps in Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Warwickshire and Hertfordshire. We need someone with top quality administration skills, who is a good communicator, co-operative and willing to turn their hand to anything to assist the Management Team in all aspects of their work in planning and managing activities and programmes.
Duties will include:
- Assisting with the preparation of all necessary paperwork and equipment and ensure it is in place at every location at the beginning of every camp and club
- Sorting, checking and filing paperwork and equipment being returned to head office from camps and clubs
- Purchasing equipment and consumables for Active Camps and Clubs
- Managing and maintaining storage systems for club/camp equipment and paperwork at head office
- Ensuring all club/camp information on the website is maintained and kept up to date
- Assisting the Area Managers with logistical arrangements for setting up and packing away camps and clubs
- Assisting After School Club Area Manager with visiting after school clubs as necessary to offer support to staff and maintain a good flow of communication between clubs and head office
- Assisting with preparing training materials for staff training days and take part in the running of training days
Active Plus Programme
This is a new facility we are introducing , giving children the chance to develop and learn new specialist skills, such as football, swimming, gymnastics and dance.
The post holder will have a key role in the development of this programme throughout our settings.
Under the guidance of the Camps Area Manager
- planning and preparing a range of activities to facilitate the development of the Active Plus programme throughout camps
- Taking part in the recruitment process of Active Plus staff
- Contributing to logistical arrangements of Active Plus programme
- Assisting the Area Manager with other tasks as required and relevant to the role
Qualities and skills you will need
· Excellent organisational and communication skills.
· Good all-round IT skills
· An enthusiastic personality with a practical and optimistic outlook.
· A quick learner with an understanding of the education/childcare sector
· A willingness to get involved in all elements of the organisation and undertake whatever tasks need doing
· Driving licence essential and own transport would be useful
· Experience of working with children and a good working knowledge of how to run activities for children
· All staff must pass strict safeguarding checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure
· Full time all year-round role, 37 hours per week
· Salary £19,500 – £21,500 per annum
· Free childcare in school holidays
· Friendly, flexible working environment
· Good development opportunity for someone looking to move up the management ladder
This role is not suitable to combine.