Our After School Clubs are based at primary schools in Oxford and Witney, and typically have 20-35 children aged 4-11 years attending each day. They are open Mondays to Fridays in school term time from 3.00pm to 5.30 or 6.00pm. You will usually be managing a team of two to four other play workers, running activities, supervising, playing with children and keeping them safe.
Duties will include:
- Planning and ensuring the delivery of creative play opportunities in a safe and caring environment
- Ensuring all children’s needs are met and their learning and development requirements are considered when planning activities
- Ensuring the safe arrival of children from school classrooms and the safe delivery to parents and/or named carers at the end of the session
- Organising the provision of snacks/refreshments for the children, including buying food on a weekly basis within an agreed budget
- Leading a team of playworkers and liaising with Oxford Active Area Coordinator about any staff issues, absences or other problems that may arise.
- Conducting regular team meetings and staff performance reviews
- Being responsible for day to day administration and record keeping at the club to meet required Ofsted standards
- Being responsible for the safe-keeping of the club property and equipment
- Being responsible for safeguarding all children attending the club
- Working within all Oxford Active policies and procedures
- Administering first aid as appropriate
- At least 2 years’ experience or working with children aged 4 – 11 years in a school, play or similar environment, preferably in a supervisory role
- Ability to communicate at all levels, particularly with children
- Ability to lead and inspire a team
- Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility for running a successful club
- Must know and understand Ofsted standards and the Early Years Foundation Stage framework.
- Ideally have an appropriate qualification in Playwork/Childcare at Level 3 or the equivalent
- Be willing to undertake further relevant training as necessary
- Must have an enhanced DBS disclosure, either on the update service or less than 12 months old, or be prepared to undergo a new one
- We prefer Managers to work five days a week but four days is also possible
- Pay depends on age and experience but is typically £10.00 per hour, inclusive of holiday pay
- Depending on club opening times, hours are 15 to 17.5 hours a week between 3.00 to 5.30pm or 6.00pm plus 30 minutes a day planning, preparation and clearing away time.
- Term time only, but can be combined with school holiday work at Oxford High Holiday Camp or Oxford Spires Language School
- Training in safeguarding, first aid, food hygiene and specialist activities available