At our holiday camps with on-site swimming pools, we run free swim sessions every day and we need a poolside lifeguard on duty at all times.
A nationally recognised current lifeguarding qualification is essential for this post.
Lifeguards can either work limited hours just when children are using the pool (normally 10am to 4.00pm) or they can combine the role with a full day Activity Leader.
Duties will include:
- Lifeguarding duties while children are using the pool
- Ensuring that children are kept safe by following the camp’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, risk assessment and other health and safety issues
- Supervising children during lunchtimes
- With other staff, being responsible for the safe keeping of play and sports equipment and keeping the premises clean and tidy
- Administering first aid if necessary
- Must have a current lifeguarding qualification
- Ability to communicate at all levels, particularly with children
- Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team
- Willingness to undertake appropriate training is desirable
- Must undergo strict safeguarding checks including an enhanced DBS disclosure
- All camps run Monday to Friday during school holidays only. You don’t need to be available to work every school holiday and can work anything from 2 to 10 weeks per year.
- Core hours would typically be 10am – 4pm Monday to Friday.
- The role can be stand alone or be combined with the role of Activity Leader to work full days 8am – 6pm.
- The rate of pay is £7.81-£8.31 per hour for stand alone lifeguard duties, or £76-£79 per day if combined with the Activity Leader role. (All rate of pay are inclusive of holiday pay)