Oxford Active runs Multi-Activity Holiday Camps based at schools in Oxfordshire and surrounding counties which have anything between 40 and 120 children aged 4-14 years attending each day. They are open Mondays to Fridays in most school holidays from 8.15am to 6.00pm.
We need reliable and enthusiastic staff, who have experience of working with children and supervising staff, to join our teams of activity leaders running fun activities, and keeping children safe in a stimulating and caring environment. As Team Leader you will oversee a team of staff running activities for one particular age group – for example early years, 6-7 year olds, or 8 plus.
Please note these posts are not residential, so you should live locally.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing the planning of a varied programme of activities suitable for the age range you are responsible for
- Leading and take part in activities which children will find exciting and challenging – including fun sports and games, arts and crafts, drama and dance, cooking, and off-site trips such as ice-skating, the cinema and bowling
- Supervising the team of staff working in your age group to ensure the highest standards are maintained and all children’s needs are met
- Ensuring that all staff are familiar with and stick to the daily routine and understand the camp’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, risk assessment and other health and safety issues
- Being responsible for keeping premises clean and tidy, and ensure the safe-keeping of play and sports equipment
You need to be:
- Experience of working with children in a play or sports environment, particularly in a supervisory role
- Ability to lead staff, and communicate at all levels
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude to work, with a strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team
- An appropriate qualification (eg Playwork, Childcare or Sports Leadership) at Level 3 is desirable but not essential
- Prepared to attend regular in-house training as well as First Aid, Safeguarding and other relevant courses as necessary.
- All staff have to pass strict safeguarding checks including an enhanced DBS disclosure
- You do not need to commit to work every school holiday – our staff typically work 4 – 8 weeks per year
- We do prefer staff to work full weeks wherever possible
- Work is available in school holidays only, but in Oxford this can be combined with working at one of our term time After School Clubs
- Pay is £85.00 per day, inclusive of holiday pay
- Hours are 8.00am to 6.00pm with break for lunch
- You need to be at least 18 years old
- Training will be provided in safeguarding, food hygiene and first aid and you can put yourself forward to learn other specialist activities, like fencing and kayaking.