Oxford Active runs children’s holiday camps in every school holiday at school sites throughout Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Warwickshire for children aged 3 – 14 years. We also run English Language Schools for young people all year round in Oxford and Berkshire.
We need minibus drivers who are able to organise, supervise and drive children on off-site day trips (eg bowling, cinema, ice-skating) for our holiday camps schools in Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Warwickshire.
We also need minibus drivers are can drive groups of teenagers and young adults on day trips to places like London, Stratford-upon-Avon and Windsor, plus airport runs and local journeys in and around Oxford.
Duties will include:
- Pre-trip checks on the minibus
- Organising children/young people and maintaining an accurate register of passengers on the trip
- Driving the minibus to a variety of locations for off-site trips
- Supervising children whilst on trips, and if necessary participating in some of the activities on the trip.
You need to be:
- You will need a full, clean UK D1 driving licence.
- You should be confident, be able to relate well to children of all ages, and have the authority to lead and control a group of children in a public place.
- Must be reliable and have a co-operative, responsible attitude to work
- All staff need to undergo strict safeguarding checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Most work will be in school holidays
- You will be driving a 17 seater minibus
- At holiday camps we typically have two off-site trips each day from 10am to 12.30pm and 2.00pm to 4.30pm, although this varies and some trips are full days
- There will also be some work at weekends and evenings for the language school students
- You can be put on our list of approved drivers and make yourself available for work as and when suits you